Basil Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine beans, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, basil, mustard and salt. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Chill for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 18, 2013
kids liked it
Jan 9, 2011
have been using this recipe for years - I love it!
Dec 21, 2007
You can combine the sugar,vinegar,oil,salt,pepper and seasonings in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove and cool slightly , then pour over bean mixture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.