Green Bean Pasta Salad
I like to prepare this special pasta salad with fresh green beans and homegrown dill. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta and beans; rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and cayenne. Drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Add the ham, onions, parsley, dill and salt; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in walnuts just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 246 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Green Bean Pasta Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.