Ham and Pea Pasta Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fully cooked ham, cut into strips (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add ham and peas; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in cream, cheese and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and peas are crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 582 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 1032mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2018
Had left-over Christmas ham and was running out of ideas on how to use it up. Came across this and had everything in the cupboard (except the cheese - I used grated Parmesan instead). The family loved it! I didn't have snowpeas but did have peas themselves - no one complained :)
Mar 4, 2015
delicious the only changes I made was 4 tablespoons of butter and I only had Asiago cheese to grate on top also a splash of white wine, will definately make it again