Italian Pasta and Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (4.1 ounces) quick-cooking bow tie pasta and Parmesan/Romano sauce mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and sauce mix. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas, mushrooms and oregano; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 190 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jun 7, 2015
I also couldn't find the Lipton as specified in the editor's note. Knorr has fettucine in the Parmesan/Romano sauce. This reminds me of tuna casserole minus the tuna.
Jul 14, 2014
Excellent side dish.
May 11, 2011
This is a nice mild, tasty side dish.In our area, they no longer carry the Lipton pasta suggested. It is now Knorr Italian pasta formally Lipton and called creamy garlic shells. I couldn't find any bow tie pasta. It is in a parmesan/romano sauce.
Mar 6, 2011
Really good and quick to make. Add ham or chicken for a quick main dish!