Broccoli n Tomato Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; boil 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes. Drain pasta mixture; add to the skillet. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 348 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 26, 2011
Surprisingly Simple. I had to make do with what was in my cabinet at the time, so the only thing fresh I had was the tomatoes from the garden(cherry). And it was perfect, even my picky kids loved this dish.
Aug 13, 2010
Family loved it! I didn't peel or seed the tomatoes and it was great, the tomatoes juices created a nice sauce! May try to add kale or spinach next time!