Ham and Vegetable Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and ham in butter until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cream, peas, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, nutmeg and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Rinse and drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 698 calories, 43g fat (24g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1606mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 31, 2015
Made this last night. Loved it. My daughter and I thought it was a great comfort food. Changed the veges a bit and used whole wheat linguine. Will definitely make this again. A keeper!
Apr 14, 2015
Only change to the recipe I made was to add a little bit of leftover cauliflower I had in the fridge (slightly reduced amount of other veggies to keep amount of veggies to sauce balanced). The kids and I liked it well. Hubby didn't care for it at all.
Jun 11, 2013
This recipe is one of our Taste of Home favorites! We usually need to double it for our family -- the leftovers heat up nice too!I highly recommend cutting ham and veggies ahead of time. And I always add more Parmesan than called for!
May 8, 2012
This is a favorite at our house! Easy to add or subtract certain veggies depending on what you have in your fridge. My hubby looks forward to asparagus time just so he can enjoy this recipe!
Sep 27, 2009
I bake hams often, so I'm always on the lookout for recipes I can use the leftovers in. This recipe is excellent! Thanks, Kerry!