Linguine with Broccoli Rabe & Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped, optional
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cut 1/2 in. off ends of broccoli rabe; trim woody stems. Cut stems and leaves into 2-in. pieces. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli rabe during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add anchovies and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in red peppers, olives, pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
- Add linguine and broccoli rabe to skillet; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired to moisten. Serve with cheese.
Aug 12, 2017
What is broccoli rabe? I have never heard of it our seen it in stores in my area
Aug 8, 2017
Great recipe that can be easily adapted.. No anchovies for me.. but if you are not a fan of broccoli rabe.. you could sub spinach.. or kale.. I think it would meld nicely.. but you will not taste broccoli in rabe.. it is slightly bitter and not related to broccoli..
Aug 7, 2017
What you suggest I use in place of broccoli, my very least favorite veggie?
Dec 18, 2013
Made this for dinner with my parents. They loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.