Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, mustard, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Fold in the rice, ham, green pepper, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, onion and pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 473 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1172mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 29, 2017
It was kind of a sweet and sour taste to me. There was way too much rice in this recipe. I wouldn't make it again.
Dec 8, 2016
Made this many times. Excellent blend of flavors. The only thing I change is, I double the sauce. We like it creamier.
Jul 7, 2016
I used pineapple chunks. I also used Dijon mustard, 4 cups instant brown cooked rice, 1 chopped green pepper, 1/2 chopped onion. I kept the amount of cheese the same.I'd used sliced cooked ham, which I cubed. This is an unusual combination and I really enjoyed this recipe! Thank you, Gail Earman! delowenstein
Nov 19, 2015
I'm very open these unique recipes and flavors together but it just didn't do it for me. I didn't hate it but just didn't love it. It needed something..just don't know what. Thanks Gail for submitting it though!
Apr 20, 2015
My husband enjoys casseroles, tried this one tonight and it will now be added to the recipe box to have again!!
Jan 30, 2015
This is a great but not your typical casserole. I needed a recipe to use our leftover Christmas ham. Everyone loved it. I believe the next time I prepare this, I will add a little more mayonnaise and cheese. I like my casseroles a little more creamy - just a personal preference. Thank you for the recipe. Delicious
Jan 19, 2015
I found this casserole to be unexpectedly delicious. I used crushed pineapple and whatever cheese I could find in the bin.
Dec 10, 2014
I thought this was really good. The swiss cheese and mustard give it an interesting flavor
Mar 20, 2014
I loved this! It was delicious and different and a perfect way to use up leftover ham. It was a favorite for us and I will definitely make it again!
Apr 1, 2013
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!!! This was so good! Next time I will try with crushed pineapple, as some in my family didn't care for the chunks! Lots of flavor and no cream of whatever soups!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.