Ham and Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the ham, chicken, peppers, olives, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and onion. Fold in noodles.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 399 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1639mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2017
I haven't tried this yet but I am looking through a vintage cook book and this recipe looks similar to buffet supper casserole. The name of the cook book is coastal Carolina cooking.
Jul 25, 2016
Cee-Jay I think this would freeze just fine.
Jul 22, 2016
Does anyone know if this can be prepared in advance and frozen? Thanks We thought this to be quite tasty and a good contender for my next potluck.
Jun 2, 2015
Jul 21, 2014
Awesome! Tasty! The whole family really loved it! I made it in a 9x13, and didn't use the olives, and topped it with Panko Bread Crumbs. Yummy!
Apr 14, 2014
I used some roasted red bell peppers and frozen peas instead of the olives, and used cream of chicken rather than cream of mushroom soup. My family voted this a definite keeper. Think you could also stir in some grated carrots if you wanted.
Oct 22, 2009
I have made several times and each time EVERYONE asks for the recipe.. Great dish !!!