Grilled Ham Steak
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup apricot or plum preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ham steak (about 2 pounds and 1 inch thick)
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, mustard, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Set glaze aside. Score edges of ham.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side, brushing with glaze during the last few minutes of grilling.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 279 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1966mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 26, 2015
I used some homemade pear preserves using this recipe and it was fantastic. Everyone loved it and asked if we could have the meal again soon.
Mar 27, 2012
Very good! I also used the less sugar apricot preserves. The grill adds another flavor element, and the cinnamon is just great in this. Thanks!
Jul 11, 2011
Some friends gave us a ham steak so we decided to try this recipe for it. Turned out great and I am not the biggest ham lover! We used the 1/3 less sugar apricot preserves.
Aug 30, 2010
EXCELLENT!!!! Our new favorite way to make ham. Also excellent with pineapple preserves and serve with grilled pineapple slices on the side.
Jan 16, 2010
I used the plum preserves. Very good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.