Orange-Glazed Ham Steaks
These tasty ham steaks combine orange marmalade and maple syrup for a terrific taste that goes beyond dinner: I like to serve leftovers at brunch. We love it with fruit and scrambled eggs. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, syrup, orange juice and chili powder.
- Grill ham steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through, brushing occasionally with marmalade mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1845mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 7, 2012
Rather than grilling the ham steaks, I just heated them in the sauce in a skillet and simmered them for a while. They turned out great - nice and juicy and very flavorful:)