Ham Steak with Potatoes and Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook potato and onion in oil over medium heat until potato is browned and tender. Stir in the vinegar, salt, pepper and thyme. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, cook ham steaks over medium heat until heated through. Serve with potato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 473 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 2052mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Jul 27, 2016
Really enjoyed the onion/potato mixture, used sweet potatoes but will try white potatoes next time.
Jul 29, 2012
I didn't have a potatoe, so I used a carrot instead. Fast and easy dinner!
Mar 15, 2010
I used a sweet potato, it came out great. I'll use the potato recipe for a base on other meals.
Nov 1, 2009
I didn't try the ham, but I did use this recipe for the pototoes. They turned out great. This is a keeper!