Sweet Potato Ham Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, about (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 pound and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- Peel sweet potato and cut into chunks. Place in a microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- Cut ham into two pieces. In a skillet, brown ham in butter on both sides. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice and brown sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ham. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer ham to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place sweet potato and pineapple around edge of dish. Pour brown sugar mixture over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle marshmallows around edge. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 439 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1520mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2018
Quick, easy, and so good!
Oct 29, 2016
I have been using this go to recipe for several years. It is so good, so easy, and my family simply loves it.
Jan 11, 2014
very good recipe
Feb 7, 2012
I Added raisins.
Feb 19, 2011
I made this recipe for our dinner last night and we loved it! I left out the marshmallows and it was very good. We will definitey have this again.