Ham with Sweet Pineapple Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
Makes16-24 servings (3 cups sauce)
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pineapple sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the ham.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 133 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 22, 2017
My favorite sauce for ham
Dec 15, 2015
Excellent! Made it exactly as written. Will use this recipe again!
Dec 20, 2012
Excellent sauce to serve with ham. Wouldn't change a thing.
Nov 24, 2009
I have been using this recipe for the Pineapple Sauce for a number of years now. It is sweet and savory and ham just isn't the same without it.
Apr 19, 2009
This was so good and tasty, the leftover sauce were given to a friend so they could prepare easter dinner with the same sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.