Pineapple Sauce for Ham
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
MakesAbout 4 cups sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine water, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and pineapple in saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water; add to sauce. Cook, stirring, until clear. Serve over ham slices.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 52 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
May 19, 2016
Delicious!! We made this as a topping for our Easter ham. It was a hit. Also a great topping for chicken, pork, waffles ... anything where you want a little extra sweetness.
Jun 6, 2013
I never have ham without this sauce. This is one of my favorites!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.