Lemon Cranberry Sauce
Tangy and refreshing, this quick-fix stovetop sauce will please both guests and the cook! —Robyn Badtke, Green Lake, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, Triple Sec and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in lemon zest. Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 27, 2011
This was quick, easy and delicious. I made it with our Thanksgiving dinner. My niece liked it so much that she ate some of the leftovers with a spoon and the rest over vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce.