Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, apple, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion, garlic, sage and pepper in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cranberry mixture and croutons.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 317 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2013
My daughter made this for Thanksgiving this year....it was outstanding! Hope she makes it again!
Nov 9, 2012
If I had made this for Thanksgiving dinner, my family would have hated me forever. Was it bad? No, but holy cow it was sweet! It just wasn't for us. I'll probably end up throwing most of it away.
Nov 26, 2009
I finally found a dressing my four kids will eat, thank you.