Pear Cranberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 cups
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled ripe pears (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), broken in half
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring several items.
- Discard cinnamon sticks. Mash sauce if desired. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 149 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 27, 2015
This is my 3rd year making this sauce. I love it and family asks for the recipe. As like other comments, those that don't like cranberry sauce per say, like this with the pears in it. A must make!
Nov 26, 2014
Great recipe I've used for years; and I AM the one who didn't eat cranberries! Recheck the calorie count, though. You'd need to eat more than 1/4 C to consume 149 calories of this!
Nov 20, 2011
This was a hit, even with some who only eat the jellied sauce out of a can. This is a new traditional dish for me!
Nov 24, 2010
Even family members who don't like cranberry sauce like this recipe! It's been a Thanksgiving hit since I started making it four years ago.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.