Cranberry and Pear Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into pear mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, flax and salt. Stir in butter and oil until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 241 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2015
I am going to review this even though I changed some ingredients. The basic fruit mix and topping were the same. I substituted apples for pears and dried cherries for the cranberries and I added chopped pecans to the topping. All else remained the same. This was done purposely for a Taste of Home challenge on the Community Forums. It was a huge success and I can imagine the original ingredients were delicious. I highly recommend this as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home.
Sep 10, 2011
I was intrigued by the ingredients and more intrigued as you are from Holyoke, Ma. I am a former resident from there. We had it for dessert this evening and will definitely make it again. Any more good recipies like that and please share them. Janet Keighley
Aug 7, 2011
I immediately went out and got the ingredients for this when I came across this recipe in the mag. Made it and got 2 thumbs up from the everyone at Family Sunday Dinner.