Pear Raspberry Crisp
We grow our own luscious red raspberries and feast on them fresh and freeze them for winter. This recipe combines the berries with fresh pears and a crunchy cereal topping. —Fancheon Resler, Bluffton, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup cranberry almond whole grain cereal, lightly crushed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, raspberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 375° until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 282 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Red Raspberry-Pear Crisp in Taste of Home October/November 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.