Pear Raspberry Crisp
We grow our own luscious red raspberries and feast on them fresh and freeze them for winter. This recipe combines the berries with fresh pears and a crunchy cereal topping. —Fancheon Resler, Bluffton, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup cranberry almond whole grain cereal, lightly crushed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, raspberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 282 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Red Raspberry-Pear Crisp in Taste of Home October/November 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.