Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 10 medium pears (about 4 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears and blackberries in a large bowl. Mix sugar and flour; toss with fruit. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix first five topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 415 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 13, 2017
The pears and blackberries made for a very tasty combination! A nice change from my regular blackberry cobbler
May 1, 2017
When I made this recipe, I halved it but I regretted that decision quickly. It was very good and a nice change from apple or peach crisp.
Apr 29, 2017
I made this dessert on 4/28/17 and took some to share at our Friday Social Hour with my neighbors in my retirement community! This recipe is really delicious! I did not make any changes The folks who tried this crisp really enjoyed it! delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 28, 2017
I made this delicious dessert tonight and got a huge thumbs up from my hubby. I served it warm out of the oven with sugar free vanilla ice cream over it. I did make several changes. I halved the recipe for just the two of us and I used Splenda for the sugar. You would never know the difference. Delicious. This is an easy recipe to prepare and one that I know we will be enjoying again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 27, 2017
Made this today but I only used 6 pears, that's all that came in a bag. It was very good and If you live for that delicious crunchy topping, this is one for you. This was delicious and now I want to go to the store and get vanilla ice cream to eat with it. Definitely a keeper and maybe even a weekly dessert while pears are in season, yummy
Apr 26, 2017
I made this with fresh pears & fresh blackberries & it was delicious. Next time i will use half the sugar. It was sweet enough without it. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing! We added sugar free vanilla ice cream to the top while it was warm.