Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 10 medium pears (about 4 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears and blackberries in a large bowl. Mix sugar and flour; toss with fruit. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix first five topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 415 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 13, 2017
The pears and blackberries made for a very tasty combination! A nice change from my regular blackberry cobbler
May 1, 2017
When I made this recipe, I halved it but I regretted that decision quickly. It was very good and a nice change from apple or peach crisp.
Apr 29, 2017
I made this dessert on 4/28/17 and took some to share at our Friday Social Hour with my neighbors in my retirement community! This recipe is really delicious! I did not make any changes The folks who tried this crisp really enjoyed it! delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 28, 2017
I made this delicious dessert tonight and got a huge thumbs up from my hubby. I served it warm out of the oven with sugar free vanilla ice cream over it. I did make several changes. I halved the recipe for just the two of us and I used Splenda for the sugar. You would never know the difference. Delicious. This is an easy recipe to prepare and one that I know we will be enjoying again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 27, 2017
Made this today but I only used 6 pears, that's all that came in a bag. It was very good and If you live for that delicious crunchy topping, this is one for you. This was delicious and now I want to go to the store and get vanilla ice cream to eat with it. Definitely a keeper and maybe even a weekly dessert while pears are in season, yummy
Apr 26, 2017
I made this with fresh pears & fresh blackberries & it was delicious. Next time i will use half the sugar. It was sweet enough without it. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing! We added sugar free vanilla ice cream to the top while it was warm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.