Cranberry Pear Crisp Pie
Filled with a bubbling combination of cranberries and pears, this crumb-topped dessert is a wonderful change of pace from traditional pies. — Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Place the pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and vanilla. Add cranberries. Combine the brown sugar and flour; sprinkle over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Roll out crust to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Add filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake on a lower oven rack at 375° for 55-60 minutes, covering edge loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning, until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 332 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 20, 2009
This recipe is super easy to make and was absolutely delicious. I made it with fresh pears from our pear tree and a homemade pie crust. It was a big hit with everyone in our family.