Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained well and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Beat butter, sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. Beat in flour and walnuts. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom coated with cooking spray.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Spread into crust. Arrange pears over top. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake until filling is set, 15-20 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 199 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2018
Followed the recipe with these exceptions: I made this with 2 fresh Bartlett pears (skin on), toasted pecans instead of walnuts and baked in a 9” glass pie pan. It was delicious!! Quite quick and simple to put together.
Jan 1, 2018
I have been looking for a pear tart recipe and when I made this for our NY Eve dinner everyone said it was a big hit. I do think it needs more than one can of pears though and was happy I had another can on hand. I like the comment about using fresh pears and will probably do that next time. I ran out of cinnamon so didn't use the full amount and next time will not use any. We put whipped cream on top and really liked this recipe. So happy to have this recipe and glad it can be made ahead of time. I'm always looking for recipes like this.
Dec 25, 2017
I made this in a pre-made pie crust with a fresh bartlett pear and it was perfect! Best of all, it was so fast and easy!
Aug 10, 2015
A wonderful tart, perfect!
Apr 19, 2015
I've been looking for a pear tart recipe and this looks like the one!!! How about pistachios ground up in the crust? Any thoughts?
Nov 3, 2014
Delicious. Just right. I made no changes. I will make it again and again.
Jul 11, 2012
I always bake this in a glass 9-inch pie plate and it always comes out perfect.
Jul 11, 2012
Meant to write before, that I always bake it in a glass 9-inch pie pan and it comes out perfect.
Jul 11, 2012
This is an excellent, not too difficult, lighter, delicious dessert! I just love it.... And it tastes so much better than you would initially imagine. The crust is so good, not too rich, the cheese layer just perfect & not too thick, the pears are the perfect ending. I have used canned peaches with great results too. The Germans were very impressed with it, so it's worth it to make again.
Dec 16, 2010
I just wanted to point out that this recipe submitted by Kathryn Rogers was printed in a copy of Taste of Home Feb/March 2003. The following recipe from The Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 is the SAME RECIPE! I hope you giving credit to the right person.