Almond Pear Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; add pears and toss to coat. Spoon over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 269 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 22, 2018
The first time I made this I tore the crust transferring it to a sheet pan. Then I bought a deep dish pie crust, kept it in the aluminum pan, filled it with the pear mixture, turned over the crust and baked it in the pan. Voila, much easier! Also I found that a 1/2 cup of sugar was enough when I made it the second time.
Sep 25, 2011
I used pears right off the tree, from my local grower. This year the pears were exceptionally sweet. I cut the sugar in the recipe down to a little less then a 1/2 cup. My pie turned out great. It was simple to make I used a dairy section pie crust. This recipe I will be making for years to come.
Sep 21, 2010
How lovely and so easy! The second time around I even "cheated"...(surprise company)...purchased pastry, used canned instead of fresh filling. Family and company LOVED it. Guess I'll be making this again ~ many times!
Sep 4, 2010
This is so delicious, I make it just for us, no need to wait for company dinners. If the pears are really hard, like an apple, I found that I needed to precook them in the microwave for about 4 minutes before putting them on the pie crust. I have made this four times this month!