Almond Pear Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; add pears and toss to coat. Spoon over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with almonds; bake 5 minutes longer. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 269 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
May 22, 2018
The first time I made this I tore the crust transferring it to a sheet pan. Then I bought a deep dish pie crust, kept it in the aluminum pan, filled it with the pear mixture, turned over the crust and baked it in the pan. Voila, much easier! Also I found that a 1/2 cup of sugar was enough when I made it the second time.
Sep 25, 2011
I used pears right off the tree, from my local grower. This year the pears were exceptionally sweet. I cut the sugar in the recipe down to a little less then a 1/2 cup. My pie turned out great. It was simple to make I used a dairy section pie crust. This recipe I will be making for years to come.
Sep 21, 2010
How lovely and so easy! The second time around I even "cheated"...(surprise company)...purchased pastry, used canned instead of fresh filling. Family and company LOVED it. Guess I'll be making this again ~ many times!
Sep 4, 2010
This is so delicious, I make it just for us, no need to wait for company dinners. If the pears are really hard, like an apple, I found that I needed to precook them in the microwave for about 4 minutes before putting them on the pie crust. I have made this four times this month!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.