Apple Cream Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Arrange apples over crust. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and egg yolks; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until apples are tender and filling is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 334 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 14, 2012
Totally not set, flavor out at the edge good, but did not cook. I would recommend upping the amount of egg yolks. I cooked for >15 minutes past cook time
Oct 14, 2012
Haven't eaten yet, but took way too long to cook and I don't know if it will be set enough to eat. I would try again but add more egg yolks to ensure custard forms, will review when we try it later tonight
Feb 19, 2011
This didn't cook in the middle, but the outside tasted good.
Oct 17, 2010
This is my favorite kind of apple pie/tart. I use evaporated milk instead of the heavy cream. Delicious!
Oct 2, 2008
I have made this several times and it is delicious. To lighten it up a bit I have replaced the whip cream with fat free coffee cream and it has not lost it's great taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.