Chocolate-Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
Bound to impress, this dessert features velvety cream cheese, fresh red strawberries and a drizzle of fudge atop a crunchy chocolate-almond crust. It’s too gorgeous to resist! —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375 °. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over bottom of prepared crust. Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down, over filling. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, drizzle fudge topping over tart. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 334 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate and Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart in Country Woman April/May 2013