White Chocolate Fruit Tart
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh basil or fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom or 12-in. pizza pan with sides. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat melted chips and cream. Add cream cheese; beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup fruit juices. Arrange the oranges, pineapple, strawberries and kiwi over filling.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in lemon juice and reserved fruit juices until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Brush glaze over fruit. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. If desired, sprinkle with fresh basil or mint. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 335 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 8, 2018
I’ve been making this for years. My go to for a brunch or picnic dessert. Don’t change a thing.
Jul 18, 2015
This is perfect. You can use any fruit you like. If I'm running short on time, I chop up the fruit I'm using, mix the glaze in and top the tart.
May 9, 2015
Absolutely one of mine and my children and grandchildren favorite dessert. I also prepare it for my church family. They can't get enough of it.
Apr 9, 2013
Absolutely delicious! Nice alternative to the usual custard tart fillings. The cream cheese and white chocolate paired so nicely with the fruit I added - strawberries, kiwi, blueberries and raspberries. Everyone asked for the recipe!
May 21, 2012
Have make this for years. Brought it to a pot luck last night and received several comments and requests for recipe. Really good looking with great taste.
Mar 25, 2011
Not a crumb left! The only thing I changed in the ingredients was adding ~2tsp (1 lemon worth) of zest to the crust. It really added a nice citrus flavor (and justified buying a lemon for 1/2 tsp of juice). I only used 1/4 cup of glaze, and I also modified a couple steps. First, I've always had issues combining things with melted white chocolate; it always clumps up because it cools too much. For this recipe, I added the chips and cream to the bowl of my stand mixer and set it over boiling water. I mixed until smooth and then whipped using the mixer until it cooled off a bit. Then I threw in the cream cheese 1-2 ounces at a time and whipped on medium until it was smooth. The result was so creamy and light! I also prepped each part of the recipe and stored them separately in the fridge overnight, then assembled a couple hours before serving because I was afraid it would get soggy. The results were terrific. Oh, one more thing...the smaller the fruit the more impressive the design looks.
Feb 25, 2011
This is my husbands favorite dessert, it will impress a crowd
Sep 17, 2010
This recipe is relatively easy to make-always delectable-always a crowd pleaser.I always make one at Chirstmas and Easter and at least once while berries are in season.
Aug 12, 2010
I made this recipe for a family reunion and not only was it easy but it tasted wonderful and looked beautiful!
May 4, 2010
Every time I make this I get requests for the recipe and everyone loves it! It is easy to make but takes a bit of time, especially getting the fruit cut up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.