White Chocolate Berry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter at 70% power; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; beat into egg mixture. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and white chocolate. Beat in the egg, sugar, sour cream and vanilla just until combined. Carefully spread over bottom layer. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, fold whipped topping into white chocolate. Fold in strawberries; spread over dessert. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 402 calories, 24g fat (16g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 18, 2014
This is always as delicious as it looks and I'm always asked for the recipe.
May 16, 2012
I made this for our Mother's Day luncheon & it was well received. I baked the bottom layer for 40 minutes & it was a little over-cooked. Will cut back on the baking time when I make it again.
May 15, 2012
AMAZING!!! This is one of my VERY FAVORITES!! I won a strawberry recipe contest @ work with this recipe. Extra strawberries are a plus.
Nov 18, 2011
My family loves this recipe, and I won 1st place at a casual work pot luck with this dessert.
Apr 26, 2011
We made this for Easter Sunday dessert and it was a disappointment to say the least. The bottom was so dense it was almost unedible. Maybe I did something wrong, but it was not something would serve again.
Apr 11, 2011
Excellent!! Tastes like a fancy strawberry shortcake!
Aug 27, 2010
I made this dessert for an off-site Rally with my work team (97% of them women) and everybody (that tried it anyway) loved it and many asked for the recipe! The only thing I changed was adding more vanilla and I only needed to bake it for 30 minutes and this is a cake you do NOT want to overbake. It tastes like a very rich & decadent strawberry shortcake - delicious! Loved the taste of all the white chocolate in this recipe too!
May 10, 2010
My sister in law makes this dessert all the time and has had many requests for the recipe. It's amazing!
Apr 23, 2010
I made this originally for a bridal shower for my dtr-in-law. It was a really BIG HIT!! In fact it is now both of my dtr-in-laws FAVORITE. Be sure to use fresh strawberries (don't add sugar to the strawberries ahead of time) and this will stay in the refrigerator for 2-3 days (If it lasts that long!!)
Apr 6, 2010
I had wanted to make this particular recipe for at least a year, and so I finally decided to make it on Easter Sunday. I was initially very intrigued by the list of all of the wonderful ingredients that went into this dessert, so I was very anxious to try it. However, I must say that I was very disappointed by the outcome. IMHO, it was very dry and tasteless, and so I felt that it was a complete waste of both my time and ingredients. Such a shame to serve a disappointing dessert to company on Easter Sunday. Needless to say, I won't be making this dessert again, because it definitely was not up to my usual standards.