Cookies ‘n’ Cream Berry Desserts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 6 meringue cookies
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the whipped topping, cinnamon and remaining sugar until combined. Just before serving, divide the berry mixture among 6 dessert dishes. Dollop with topping and add cookie.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 170 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2014
Delicious! Great combo and proportion of berries. The topping is light and kicked up a notch from just plain cool whip. I couldn't find meringue cookies (told they're seasonal at Christmas) so I subbed lemon (instead of vanilla, which would definitely work) wafer cookies which was great. Will be a summer staple for sure.
May 21, 2011
I leave out the meringue cookies and I don't add sugar or lemon juice to the fruit. I've used this topping over any combination of fruit--whatever is in season. Countless people have asked for the recipe; its a favorite dessert at our house.