Cookies ‘n’ Cream Berry Desserts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 6 meringue cookies
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the whipped topping, cinnamon and remaining sugar until combined. Just before serving, divide the berry mixture among 6 dessert dishes. Dollop with topping and add cookie.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 170 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
May 29, 2014
Delicious! Great combo and proportion of berries. The topping is light and kicked up a notch from just plain cool whip. I couldn't find meringue cookies (told they're seasonal at Christmas) so I subbed lemon (instead of vanilla, which would definitely work) wafer cookies which was great. Will be a summer staple for sure.
May 21, 2011
I leave out the meringue cookies and I don't add sugar or lemon juice to the fruit. I've used this topping over any combination of fruit--whatever is in season. Countless people have asked for the recipe; its a favorite dessert at our house.