Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 55 min.
Makes12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 16 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice until blended; pour over bread mixture. Let stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if top browns too quickly.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil. Add chocolate and remove from the heat (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 495 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Sep 6, 2013
I was so disappointed with this recipe. I followed the directions perfectly and it came out dry, dry, dry.
Mar 23, 2010
I have made this bread pudding several times and it is a real hit every time. It is elegant and very tasty but so simple to make! I am able to get a cinnamon egg bread in our grocery store bakery and it makes this recipe terrific.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.