Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 55 min.
Makes12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 16 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice until blended; pour over bread mixture. Let stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if top browns too quickly.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil. Add chocolate and remove from the heat (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 495 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2013
I was so disappointed with this recipe. I followed the directions perfectly and it came out dry, dry, dry.
Mar 23, 2010
I have made this bread pudding several times and it is a real hit every time. It is elegant and very tasty but so simple to make! I am able to get a cinnamon egg bread in our grocery store bakery and it makes this recipe terrific.