- 16 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice until blended; pour over bread mixture. Let stand 15-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if top browns too quickly.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil. Add chocolate and remove from the heat (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Serve with warm bread pudding.
1 piece: 495 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.