Raspberry White Chocolate Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; add 1 cup chips (do not stir). In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Stir in chip mixture and almond extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, melt jam over low heat; spread over warm crust. Stir remaining chips into the remaining batter; drop by spoonfuls over the jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 162 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2014
They sound good, but the serving size is unrealistic- 24 bars out of a 9" square pan? The gov't is requiring food companies to change labels to reflect accurate serving sizes; I hope that will be true for recipes that include that information as well.
Feb 25, 2014
delicious, a big hit
Apr 7, 2013
These are so good, but remember to divide batter before the first baking. I always forget, and have to scrape it back out of the pan.
Jan 2, 2013
Dec 27, 2012
Make sure you butter the pan well my first batch refused to come out of the pan but my second try came out great & my husband doesnt like a lot of sweets said these were the best he tasted this year.
Aug 8, 2011
I have made these for years with apricot jam. Now I need to try raspberry!
Feb 4, 2011
This recipe was delicious and quite easy to follow. My family loved these bars!
Feb 2, 2011
They're okay. Not bad though, just wouldn't make them again
Mar 4, 2010
These are the best bars ever...period.
Nov 19, 2009
Every time I make this recipe, several ask me for the recipe. I always double it for a 9x13 pan, though. They go too fast!