Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir preserves and water until blended. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 6, 2019
I tried this with Trader Joe’s cinnamon crumb coffee cake mix and tjs jar cranberry sauce which is the consistency of jam because I love cranberry. Turned out really good but a little too sweet for my liking (the mix has a separate crumb packet which is very sweet). Next time I will use regular cake mix as directed. Thank you! PS. I did not have to add the water to the cranberry sauce because it is just a tad thinner than jam.
Apr 30, 2017
Too crumbly and dry
Sep 14, 2016
These bars were very easy and really good. I made a double batch for a church social and there weren't any leftovers :) Great recipe, I will be making these again for sure!
Aug 26, 2016
Delicious!!! I've also used a lemon cake mix which gives these a hint of lemon - which is even better!!!
Jun 3, 2016
These are so easy and so good. Another batch is in the oven and I am trying blackberry preserves this time. Thanks for sharing.
Sep 21, 2015
I. Made this exactly as the recipe said and they came out great!! I will definitely be making this again ,thank you for sharing
Sep 11, 2015
I used gluten free cake mix. It turned out really well. Great treat for myself.
Mar 20, 2013
Made a double batch with half oil and half butter, and used one batch worth of preserves and one bag of defrosted frozen raspberries. Made in a 1/2 sheet pan with nonstick reynolds wrap for church. An hour in the fridge is necessary to get clean cuts.
Jul 22, 2012
I've also made these with blueberry preserves and they were amazing!
Dec 19, 2011
Followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious. The only thing I would recommend is to "pat down" the crumb mixture into the jam before putting back in the oven; this will allow the crumb mixture to adhere and thus avoid losing all that yummy flavor.