- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour, butter and egg yolks. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool. Spread jam over crust; sprinkle with nuts.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue over nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. To cut into bars, use a knife dipped in hot water. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 118 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.