Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients. Add butter and vanilla; stir until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread preserves over crust. Combine coconut and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned. Cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 3, 2020
Oct 25, 2019
So good! Everyone loves these!
Nov 24, 2018
I made the strawberry granola bars with banana butter; for the butter I substituted half applesauce half butter, these turned out marvellous
May 27, 2018
Easy recipe and fun to play around with the filling flavors. Have made exactly as directed with the strawberrypreserves, but then also made batches with various jams. Today I used a jar of apple butter, smells lovely! Wonderful recipe.
May 15, 2018
This recipe is super easy! I did add some fresh strawberries diced on top of the perserves. I gave a 4 star only because it was too sweet for me. I will be making again but debating to omit the added sugar or just reduce the amount.
Apr 23, 2018
Made exactly as written. So easy and so good. Can't wait to make them again with homemade blueberry or blackberry jam.
Jan 22, 2018
We loved these bars, and so did our grandsons. I had raspberry preserves on hand so made them with that and thought it was a perfect pairing!
Dec 14, 2017
These bars were very good, a nice pairing of a buttery crumb crust, strawberry filling, and coconut crumb topping; easy to make, too! I lightly greased the pan and I used 1-1/2 cups strawberry preserves. I will definitely be making these again.
May 27, 2017
Very yummy! I added two Tbs of ground yellow flax seed. I used 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp of almond extract. I used apricot preserves because that's what I had on hand. Would be great with almonds.
Apr 3, 2017
These bars are delicious and so easy to make! I cater and I will be using this recipe mainly for breakfast desserts but other occasions as well. I used the recipe exactly how it is printed. Thank you Flo for sharing!