Raspberry Oat Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in raspberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, wheat flour, salt and vanilla. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 95 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2015
Best raspberry bar recipe by far! Great way to use use up the surplus of raspberries from my garden in the summer and just as good with frozen berries the rest of the year.