- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in raspberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, wheat flour, salt and vanilla. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press 2-1/2 cups crumb mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 95 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.