Cinnamon-Cranberry Oat Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, Rice Krispies, cranberries, flax, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, oil and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in oat mixture; toss to coat. Press firmly into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 211 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 4, 2013
Was too thick. Fell apart tasted good.Will try them again.
Oct 10, 2013
I couldn't get them to set up, so I spread them in a 9x13 pan and baked for about 20 minutes at 350. They set up, became crunchy, and were delicious. I will make again. The whole family loved them.
Oct 10, 2013
I liked the flavor, but next time will reduce the amount of canola oil.
Oct 4, 2013
Wonderful flavor! Sweet autumn! Next time I would put them in a slightly larger pan so as to make them less thick.
Mar 10, 2013
This is delicious! Tastes like apple crisp topping. I subbed a couple ingredients that I didn't have in the cabinet so my batch didn't set up. But it still tastes amazing as an ice cream/yogurt topping!
Feb 5, 2013
These bars were very easy to make and are kind of addicting. Didn't have any trouble getting them to set up. I boiled my sugar mixture for a little bit and set the bars in the fridge to set. All four of my kids liked them and I liked the healthier ingredients. I will make these again at some point.
Oct 19, 2012
Next time I'll omit the nutmeg. These stuck together only when they were refrigerated.