Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 208 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 6, 2018
I used Old Fashioned Oats with the 1 1/2 cups of flour that the recipe calls for without having any issues. I wonder if there is a difference for people who live at different elevations.
Aug 3, 2015
Jan 25, 2015
The perfect cookie! It's crisp on the outside, and chewy on the inside and has a warm cinnamon flavor. I did not need to add extra flour, but I refrigerated the dough for 15 minutes before shaping.
Aug 25, 2014
Love this cookie. I substitute 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce for 1/3 cup butter. Cuts the fat & makes a softer cookie.
Jun 28, 2014
The taste itself was quite good, but they came out flat and just a little bit burnt. Reading from the other comments here, I think I should've added some extra flour.
Mar 19, 2014
These were delish...but I will try with margarine or shortening next time. Mine were crisp, not chewy...am at 2500 feet so maybe that was a factor...
Sep 21, 2013
Wonderful chewy and crispy cookie. loved it with hot cocoa.
Feb 10, 2013
These were awsome cookies,little chewy and crunch and I love the cinnamon,also added a hint of fresh nutmeg.Connie Clifton ,Brick N.J.
Dec 26, 2012
This is similar to a recipe I used to have but lost but the flavor is amazing!I added an extra quarter cup of flour. A tip from my lost recipe that I would likevto share is to add 2 Tablespoons of milk and then chill the finished dough for at least 1 hour.
Dec 22, 2012
EASY AND YUMMY
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.