Oatmeal Caramel Apple Cookies
This recipe for caramel apple cookies is a fun twist on traditional oatmeal raisin. These treats are hard to resist! —Rachel Lewis, Danville, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant caramel pudding mix
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Beat in applesauce. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and apple.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Serve warm or remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 80 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2019