Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries, apple and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 125 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 4, 2014
Very yummy! I used raisins instead of the dried cranberries and regular butter and everyone loved them!
Apr 3, 2013
Mine tasted a little like the apple cinnamon instant oatmeal. I really enjoyed them. :)
Sep 14, 2012
I used regular butter and old fashioned oats instead of quick oats. I like old fashioned better for baking. I also added chocolate chips. Very nice taste - turned out chewy, just the way I like them. A great fall recipe!
Jan 17, 2012
These were amazing! I used regular butter, added some raisins and mini chocolate chips. Very chewy, too.
Jan 7, 2012
Great recipe, I of course had to omit the nuts and add chocolate chips .... but that's just me ....
Jan 27, 2011
Good cookie, my husband really enjoyed them.
Nov 5, 2010
I just made these and they turned out great I used a med-melon scoop and it made at least 10 more than it said I also used raises instead of cranberry's. My family loved them!!! I plan on giving these out for Christmas.
Nov 3, 2010
2nd best Oatmeal cookie I have ever made. I make per the recipe with one change, I used pecans. My husband ate 5 of them and insisted I send some to our two army kids. LOL, who did he think I was baking them for. Truely great recipe, cant wait to try it again with some different fruit combos.
Oct 10, 2010
My family loves oatmeal cookies & I wanted a cookie to serve to B&B guests with hot apple cider when they arrived on a cool autumn day, so I tried this one. It is one of the best cookies recipes I have every tried! Our guests said that they were the best oatmeal cookies they had ever had & asked for the recipe! I especialy like the apples & cranberries together. I didn't have any reduced fat butter, so I used about 1/2 reg butter (all I had) & the rest non hydrogenated soft margerine.Because my husband watches his cholesterol, I used 1/4c egg subtitute instead of the egg & skim milk. I also cooked them in a convection oven at 350 for 12min & they turned out great! It made 51 cookies.
Dec 17, 2009
liked recipe changed it a bit i subbed apple sauce for 1/2 c of apple sauce, added flax seed in place of some of the white flour and replaced half the white flour with whole wheat and added lots of blueberries and cranberries and walnuts