Cranberry Persimmon Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Place persimmon pulp in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and persimmon. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; stir into persimmon mixture. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2019
Very popular cookie with my co-workers. They bring me persimmons and I make cookies which are snatched up. My daughter also has made with the same results. Did not find them greasy as a prior review had commented.
Jan 11, 2015
Today is the second time I have made these yummy cookies. I modified the recipe this time and I like them much better now. I omitted some of the butter and substituted more persimmon pulp. I also put in one cup of oats instead of one cup flour. Both times I doubled the recipe. When I followed the directions exactly they were greasy.