Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans if desired.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a greased glass bottom.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, 10-11 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 138 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2019
Perfect!! Recipe didn’t need any adjustments! We all loved them!
May 22, 2019
Very nice oatmeal cookie. Crunchy outside an a bit chewy on the inside.
Nov 28, 2018
Tastes OK, not enough raisins for that much dough.
Oct 17, 2018
You dont mention cooking temperature
May 22, 2018
These are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had. Followed the recipe and was I ever surprised. They pack so much flavor it is unreal. Will be making these again.
Dec 8, 2017
So great. This is my husband's favorite kind of cookie. I never cared for oatmeal raisin cookies until I came across this recipe! These are fabulous. I brought these cookies to my son's preschool for a snack and I had a couple of parents ask me for the recipe. Even one of the dads! He said he'd never had a better oatmeal raisin cookie before. :) I would agree!
Oct 15, 2017
I made this exactly to the recipe but I didn’t have raisins, so I used craisins. Still awesome. When they say 1-inch balls, they mean it! The cookies get very large.
Jul 21, 2017
Perfect recipe! Saving and sharing it!
Jul 15, 2017
I made the recipe EXACTLY and was very good. When baking the last half of the batch I used granulated sugar on the glass to flatten the cookies - that worked well and easier than the greased glass. I get frustrated with people who rate the recipe after they have changed numerous ingredients.
Jun 12, 2017
These are the things I changed....Baked them for 12 minutes @ 350, used 1 1/2 c golden raisins, butter instead of shortening, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 c brn sugar, 1/2 c sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon....next time I will use 2 c golden raisins, 2 tsp vanilla, 2 c brn sugar, 1/2 c sugar, 1 Tbsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp salt....I only use salt free butter, that is why the salt....also, I do not flatten the cookies, we like them soft and poufy!!! lol Otherwise I left everything the same....I might add one more egg...lol I got 48 cookies out of the recipe and that was using a small cookie scoop....