Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 12-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. (Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary.) Stir in the raisins, chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 175 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 2, 2017
I misplaced my oatmeal raisin cookie recipe , and now I'm happy, these are great! Oatmeal raisin is my favorite so these will be in our cookie jar often! For me & hubby I will probably do half a batch....so good!
Sep 14, 2016
These are very tasty! I only added the raisins, nothing else and they were really good! This recipe makes a TON, so be prepared!
Mar 15, 2016
I added chopped dried apricots for a tangy addition to an already perfect recipe.
Jul 17, 2015
This is a delicious version of oatmeal raisin cookies! They are m husband's fave and the readers of Taste of Home never fail to share their very best. The recipe does make a LOT of cookies. If you don't have a powerful stand mixer I think you will be in trouble. Whenever I make this recipe I take half of the cookies over to my grandkids, no cookies ever go to waste. I did alter the recipe a little, instead of softened butter I melt it in the microwave, let it cool a bit and then add it to the sugars. I blend it well then move on to the rest of the ingredients. I have found that overbeating the butter and sugar until light and fluffy incorporates too much air into the mix, which makes the cookie dry. Trust me, the butter trick makes a difference; try it with your chocolate chip cookie recipe; tender, soft chewy cookies, yum!
Jan 18, 2015
This has become my favorite cookie, and I am a notorious cookie monster, have been for over 50 years! I usually half the recipe since it makes so many, and put some in the freezer for later. My co-workers love them too.
Nov 17, 2012
The stars did not show up on my comment so here it is. LOVE , LOVE them
Nov 17, 2012
Made these cookies last year for christmas and they were a big hit. Gave them to neightbors as a gift and they commented on how delicious they were. I did use craisins instead of raisins and whitechocolate chips instead of chocolate . Getting ready to make them again .
Jan 29, 2012
These cookies are the best. Ibake them all the time now.
Dec 20, 2011
I changed the recipe quite a bit to make it egg free and it turned out awesome. Thanks for the recipe. You can check my version here: http://www.egglesscooking.com/2011/12/20/big-batch-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/
Nov 23, 2011
These are the best!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.