Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6-3/4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a very large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Mar 26, 2018
Delicious cookie. I love a crispy edge and a soft, chewy center. I stored them in an air tight container so they stayed chewy. This recipes make a LOT of cookies. I took most of the dough, formed cookie balls and froze them in single layers on a baking sheet. I wrote the date, type of cookie, temp and recommended baking time on a freezer safe ziploc. Then I filled the bags and popped them in the freezer. You can thaw them in the refrigerator prior to baking. You can also bake them frozen. The cookies tend not to spread as much and I have to add about 1-2 minutes to the baking time depending on the size.
Dec 5, 2017
These turned out perfect! A little crunch on the outside and soft in the middle. I omitted the nuts due to my son's allergy and used the whole bag of chips instead. These are a winner!
Aug 25, 2016
This recipe makes a lot. I divided the batter into two different batches- chocolate chip and walnut, and then craisens, orange zest and chopped apricot. Hubby was eating them right off the cookie sheet. I only had the 2 cups of quick oatmeal and added a 1 1/2 c old fashioned oats. I should have added a bit of flour as my cookies were more flat than the photo- my fault
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.