Golden Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, orange zest, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2012
this was a disaster. very flat cookies that spread horribly on the cookie sheet. the cookies were a sticky mess. there doesn't seem to be enough flour in this recipe to keep it together as a cookie.
Jun 16, 2012
Not only did I love these cookies but everyone elce did to! The girls loved helping me make them also! I will never make another oatmeal raisin cookie. The golden raisins are a great change of pace also.
Nov 11, 2011
This is the classic oatmeal cookie that I was looking for. Had to omit raisins, didn't have enough so I added pecans. This is a really good recipe. It's a keeper.
Aug 6, 2011
I believe I'd prepared this recipe & the cookies turned out really well! Thank you for this recipe!