Cran-Apple Baked Oatmeal
Put leftover cranberries, apples and walnuts to good use in this comforting baked oatmeal. I also serve it at my church’s breakfast potlucks. Feel free to use blueberries in place of the cranberries if you like. —Sharon Gerst, North Liberty, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar and oil until blended; stir into oat mixture. Stir in apple, cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned.
Originally published as Baked Oatmeal in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.