Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in apple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without additional milk): 349 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2014
I enjoy baked oatmeal as it is a great dish to play with. I left out the nuts because I do not like them but added some peanut butter instead. I also left out the eggs and added mashed bananas in their place. Very good!
Sep 4, 2014
Do you serve this warm or cold?
Jan 20, 2014
Delicious recipe, Christina. I cut this recipe into thirds and baked it in 2 ramekins so I could take it to work for breakfast. It is easily prepared, delicious and nutritious with many ingredients options.
Jul 14, 2013
This baked oatmeal was pretty good, especially served with milk. I omitted the walnuts, and used golden raisins. My husband really enjoyed it, but next time I will add more cinnamon - I thought it was a little bland.
May 4, 2013
I also baked it in a 13x9 pan
May 4, 2013
I modified this recipe....I made it the night before and refridgerated it and baked it in the morning.I used 2/3 cup dates instead of the walnuts and raisins. I also added 1/4 cup peanut butter and 2TBS apple sauce to the recipe.
Jan 9, 2013
I've never made baked oatmeal before, so can't compare it to other recipes. I was good and easy to make. I replaced some of the milk with eggnog for added flavor. It was sweet without being too sweet.