Apple Cranberry Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt;. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be very thick). Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 140 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Nov 19, 2017
Delicious recipe. Great flavor and texture. A real crowd-pleaser!
Oct 10, 2016
This was very good I made some adjustments. I did not have any cranberries so I used craisons that I soaked in water, I omitted the eggs and used 1/2 cup of cinnamon apple sauce and instead of chopped nuts used oatmeal. Per other reviews I grated the apples and added a teaspoon of vanilla. Very delicious!
Dec 26, 2015
Found this recipe when searching for a new bread recipe for holiday gatherings. When I made it I shredded the apples. I also added 1 teaspoon of vanilla after I had made it once according to the recipe. I received many requests for the recipe. It is very good and simple to make.
Oct 3, 2015
Nice flavor and easy to make.
Jan 26, 2015
I've made this for a few years now and everyone loves it!
Nov 16, 2014
Incredibly easy to make and delicious. I put in 50% more cranberries and only 1 apple and toasted pecans because I had no walnuts. The loaf was crisp golden brown on the outside and moist inside. The kids and my husband loved it. People who found the dough crumbly either didnt mix the wet and dry ingredients together properly or forgot the oil. There is absolutEly no need to add more liquid.
Nov 28, 2013
At first, I thought I made a mistake and forgot liquid until, I folded in the apples and cranberries. Then, the batter was more manageable and perfect. Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2012
This is a very tasty bread. When it's all mixed up, it's more like crumbles than batter. I just pressed it into the loaf pan and it baked up fine. Very moist and flavorful.
Mar 11, 2012
I've made this recipe, there's no mistake or missing in the recipe, it turns out really great. All my guests and family LOVES this recipe. yes this batter is very thick but that's okay as long as put fruit and nuts and fold it, then put in the pan and the baking would do the work. it's very lovely recipe. I put frozen cranberries in the batter no need to be thawed.
Nov 25, 2011