Cranberry Orange Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf or 2 mini loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a small bowl, beat egg; add orange juice, peel, butter and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan or two 5x2-1/2x2-in. mini-loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 18, 2012
Excellent!!! Yummy!!! A local grocery store makes Cranberry Muffins, I LOVE them!! This loaf is the closest thing to them I have ever found. Now I can bake this loaf & never have to run to the store. Thank you !!!
Jan 7, 2012
I made small loaves and some mini muffins. They were a hit!!