Raspberry Lemon Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, yogurt, oil and lemon zest. Add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raspberries.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 176 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 23, 2014
My family loved this bread. It was gone fairly quicky. Really easy to make and a great use for raspberries.
Nov 20, 2012
This loaf was delicious fresh baked, but by the next day it was dry and grainy. this is not something that keeps well.
Feb 13, 2012
So very good!
Jun 6, 2011
I love this bread, it is sooo good. I forgot to get the lemon yogurt at the store so i just substituted sour cream and the juice of 2 lemons. i also made it in mini loaf pans and just reduced the baking time. this recipe is absolutely delicious, will definitely make again.