Blueberry Lemon Bread
This bread has a nice balance of lemon and blueberry flavor, with the texture of pound cake. For a special touch, serve with honey butter or lemon curd.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 mini loaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon zest; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine topping ingredients; spread over warm bread.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 207 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 12, 2014
This is very delicious! A nice touch after our meal. I used fresh blueberries. Do not omit the topping. It really makes the taste pop!
Feb 11, 2012
This was a hit with company for brunch, I'll make it again tomorrow!