Blueberry Lemon Bread
This bread has a nice balance of lemon and blueberry flavor, with the texture of pound cake. For a special touch, serve with honey butter or lemon curd.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 mini loaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon zest; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine topping ingredients; spread over warm bread.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 207 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Lemon Blueberry Bread in Reminisce Extra May 2011
Mar 12, 2014
This is very delicious! A nice touch after our meal. I used fresh blueberries. Do not omit the topping. It really makes the taste pop!
Feb 11, 2012
This was a hit with company for brunch, I'll make it again tomorrow!